aIt is the first week of March, and Spring Break is around the corner. For those of us staying at home with the kids, yes it's to let them stay on their tablets and in front of the TV all day. Even though it gives you a great piece of mind, we're here to help you with some fun easy treats to make with your little ones.
These yummy treats are great for all ages and very easy to make.
All you need is :
Vanilla Yogurt or Greek
Berry of your choice (strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries)
Ice Tray Mold
All you have to do is add your yogurt to the ice tray and top it with the berries of your choice. Freeze for 3-4 hours, and you will have a sweet treat.
Most kids love candy, but all of the added sugars and too much fructose corn syrup is just not worth it. But here is a fun sweet treat that the kids will love.
All you will need :
Fruit ( 3 cups)
Lemon Juice (2 tablespoons)
A sweetener of your choice ( we recommend honey)
- 1. Blend of your ingredients in a blender or food processor until blended smoothly.
- 2. Pour your mixture onto a plastic wrapped covered baking sheet.
- 3. Spread it out with spatula or spoon. It should be thin as possible without forming holes 1/3-1/4 thick.
- 4. Set it on the lowest temperature that your oven will go. It should take 4-6 hours.
- 5. Once done, use a clean pair of scissors to cut with
Remember you do not want the edges to get hard, so only cook until the middle is no longer gooey.
3. Banana Sushi
Sushi may disgusting to our kids, but here is a fun and simple way for your kids to enjoy their own way of sushi.
All you need is:
Any sticky topping ( peanut butter, Nutella, or honey)
Coating (sprinkles, chia seeds, coconut flakes, rice crispy ) Let the kids get creative.
Cover the banana in the topping, and coating of your choice. Once done, cut the banana up. Then enjoy!
Pancakes are good any time of day. This three-ingredient pancake recipe is something the whole family can enjoy.
All you will need :
1/2 Cup Oatmeal
Blend all of your ingredients together in the blender. Cook on a griddle on medium high. Serve with the topping of your choice.
Who doesn't love pizza? Here's a quick recipe for that time, when you need a quick play date snack, you can even freeze it for later.
All that you need :
2 cups of tomato sauce ( we recommend Hidden Veggie)
1 cup of topping
2 Cups of Mozzarella Cheese
10 mini whole wheat bagels
- Spread all of the cut bagels onto a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Have the kids to help you spread the tomato sauce on the bagels (1 to 2 spoon fulls per bagel), then add the cheese, and a topping of their choice.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
So here's to some fun healthy recipes to try with your kids, this Spring break season!
Love + miracles,