If your baby is irritable there must be a reason why. Most time it's from some things we do as parents, unaware that these actions could cause our babies to become fussy. One way is when baby's skin is irritated from dryness.
A few ways you can prevent your baby from suffering are as follows:
- You baby has delicate skin. Knowing that your baby's skin barrier is still developing so the more gentle and most importantly natural the creams and lotions you put on their skin, the better. Harsh creams, lotions, ointment and shampoos are the leading cause of dry skin and eczema in babies and kids. Using a product that is free of toxins and chemicals and one that contains essential oils should be the best alternative to the ones with parabens and petroleum products.
- Read the product labels. You have no way of knowing if a product contains allergens if you don't read the labels. When you are not sure of what the product contains, ask. Better ask now than being sorry later. Choose a company efficient is customer service. One whom you can shoot an email real quick and get an answer so as to make an informed decision that can benefit your baby.
- Over-wiping and over bathing. I remember when I had my baby last July. She's 1 yr old now. I bathe her in the morning and at night and soon I could tell her skin was stripped of her skin natural oils when then lead her to have dry skin. i was surprised as I didn't experience this with my other kids. Be vigilant! Don't over clean and over wipe and over bathe. These can cause irritation, redness and even rashes. It's left for you to know what works better for your child.
- Make no assumptions! Don't assume all flare-ups are due to what you have done wrong. Sometimes kids have flare-ups because of an allergic reaction. You should never treat a flare-up without knowing for sure what is causing that flare-up. You may mellow down a flare-up without treating the root cause of the allergy.
- Get to the sweet folds. Many times you may neglect the sweet folds your baby's skin, you know the special regions that need extra attention. Behind the knees, under the arms, creases near the elbows and behind the ears. These also happen to be the same areas prone to dryness and eczema.
This is why baby's delicate skin which is more prone to dryness and irritation needs natural baby skincare products that are trusted & safe. You can use the NEW Moringa A + D Ointment range to help relieve dry and irritated skin. It contains a unique combination of nourishing oils and moisturizers specially designed to support the moisture barrier in young skin.
Caring for your little one's skin shouldn't be rocket science. When you follow these 5 steps and use trusted and reliable products made specially for your baby, it will be easy as A B C.