Did you know that September is Library Card Sign-up Month. We fully support libraries and want to encourage you to take your little ones to the library often. The library is rich in its offerings and is the first step towards academic achievement and lifelong learning for your little one.
A public library card is a ticket to free educational resources and activities such as homework help, digital workshops for all-ages, STEAM programs/activities, book clubs, family storytimes and game nights.
Here's 5 reasons you should take your little ones to the library.
1. Encourages early childhood reading habits and vocabulary development.
2. A library card gets your child access to a very large collection of children's books, audio, movies, programs and more.
3. Need to get out the house? Mid-day programs such as craft time and storytime specifically for children for the win.
4. Saves you major money. Most libraries allow you to check out up to 50 items at a time. With a large collection at the library your children will be exposed to a number of authors, magazines, and videos.
5. Owning a library card gives your child access to the library's entire digital collection. With the popularity of smart devices, there is a plethora of children's content available digitally on apps such as Hoopla and Overdrive.
If you don't have a library card, take some time out this month and go sign up for one. It's an easy and lifelong beneficial to you and your family.