Diaper Rash On Your Baby’s Sensitive Skin
By Ify Nwobi |
If you’re a parent, you’ll know that one of the most distressing ailments that can affect your little one is diaper rash. While the soreness and discomfort make your baby cranky, it can also be frustrating for you. No matter how many different lotions and potions you try, you just can’t get rid of this debilitating skin condition.
Let’s find out more about diaper rash and investigate a natural and effective way to treat it, making your baby smile again.
What is diaper rash?
Diaper rash is a skin complaint common in young children who wear diapers. Skin will appear red and raw or even shiny, and it may be warm to the touch. Diaper rash is sometimes referred to as dermatitis by medical professionals.
Diaper rash tends to affect babies between four and 15 months, and it is pretty common. Around half of children in this age range have experienced diaper rash once or more in the past two months.
It will appear in the area covered by a diaper, such as the genitals, buttocks, abdomen and thighs, and possibly the folds of the skin.
What causes diaper rash?
As the name suggests, diaper rash is caused by urine and feces coming into contact with and irritating your baby’s skin.
It can be made worse as your baby becomes mobile and their diaper chafes against the skin more.
Diaper rash may also flare up when you start your baby on solid foods. This is because feces become more acidic and also simply because your baby poops more often.
The rash may also be triggered by a yeast or bacterial infection, or by an allergy to diapers or products used on the skin.
How serious can diaper rash be to babies?
If left untreated, diaper rash can be serious for babies, causing major discomfort and even becoming infected. Look out for the following situations that indicate a serious diaper rash or infection:
- Your baby’s skin is extremely red or raw, or is broken or even bleeding.
- The rash includes pimples, bumps, sores, or blisters.
- Your baby’s rash covers a large area.
- Your baby is running a fever or seems unwell.
If you spot any of these symptoms, seek help from your doctor.
How can I treat diaper rash naturally?
There are a number of simple measures you can take at home to treat mild to moderate diaper rash naturally:
- Be scrupulous about changing your baby’s diaper, ideally every two hours and as soon as they have pooped. You should also try to change them during the night (if you can possibly bear it), especially if they tend to be night poopers.
- Choose a bigger size diaper so your baby’s skin has more breathing space.
- If you’re starting your baby on solids, monitor foods that are causing diarrhea, which can irritate your baby’s skin.
- Give your little one time out of their diaper every day to let their skin breathe. They will love the feeling of freedom too!
- Avoid using fragranced wipes or other products on your baby’s skin. Instead, rinse their genital and bottom areas with warm water when you change their diaper.
- When bathing your baby, use a mild soap or cleanser to reduce the chance of irritation.
- Use an all-natural cream that not only treats diaper rash but also prevents further damage to the skin by creating a barrier. Miracle in the Green Moringa Baby Ointment is packed with natural ingredients including moringa oil, which is renowned for its anti-inflammatory properties. You can use it to deliver soothing moisture to areas affected by diaper rash. It will also act as a barrier to protect against irritants and reduce the chances of rashes developing.
Tell me more about moringa oil!
Moringa oil comes from the seeds of the moringa tree, which is native to the Himalayan region. Moringa tree is sometimes referred to as “The Miracle Tree,” thanks to its amazing nutritional and healing properties.
The seeds are packed full of protein, sterols (which lower cholesterol), and antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds, as well as many other nutritional goodies.
In fact, nearly all the parts of the moringa tree can be used for a variety of purposes, including the leaves, flowers, bark, and roots.
Moringa is a versatile oil that is most commonly used in cooking and in skin and hair care products.
Products made with moringa oil are suitable for babies’ sensitive skin, and they are an excellent natural solution for sore, inflamed skin.
A natural solution for diaper rash
While most babies suffer from diaper rash at some point, it’s good to know that there is a natural solution that can also prevent further outbreaks.
As well as following the advice for treating the rash naturally, why not introduce Miracle in the Green Moringa Baby Ointment into your baby’s skincare routine? Its natural and organic ingredients help heal irritated skin and protect it against damage.
Long-lasting, gentle, and suitable for everyday use, it’s kind to the environment, biodegradable, and cruelty-free.
Connect with us to know more about our pure and natural moringa health and wellness products.
Love + miracles,