Almost everywhere in the United States has been facing rough winter weather. With the dry air , and weather ,we all are probably needing some TLC to our skin. As we are doing our self care , don't forget the kids . Here are some healthy tip , and even fun activity for you to do with them.
Clean Skin , is Happy Skin !
We know how an important it is to wash our hands , but our kids tend to not to remember to keep their hands as clean . So remind your child to wash their hands after being outside , with soap and warm water . With our little ones , we bathe them every night ourselves . As they get older , we let them bathe by themselves remind your children to clean their faces , underarms , and behind those ears.
Kid Friendly , and Mommy Approved
In the winter time , the rough dry air isn't just harmful and hard on the plants . But it can be just as harsh , and rough on our skin as well. We have to remember that our skin , is not the same as our child's . Their skin can't handle harsh cosmetics products so find products that our gentle on their skin. So try to find mild soaps and moistruizers .
Make it Fun !
As mommies we have , our own skin care routine . Try some things with the kids as well.For those Sunday nights or lazy Saturday mornings , try a face mask. Now most are probably thinking , face mask on a child's face can be harmful .Make your own mask at home , you can use it as well. All of the mask , are with natural ingredients as well ! All of the mask are easy for a child to make with adult supervision .
So as we're taking care of our skin this winter , make sure you take care of your child's skin as well.
Also here's another fun activity for you to do with the kids ! Thanks to myfrugalAdventures.com for the fun activity .
- Heat 3/4 of water over medium high heat . Bring it just to boil and remove from Heat.
- Empty contents of one package of gelatin into a bowl
- Add water and stir until thoroughly mixed. Set aside and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of Mummy's Miracle bubble bath or bath soap or liquid soap of your choice.
- 5-8 drops of essential oil of your choice.
- 2-3 of food coloring
- Place into molding tray or mason jar of your choice ( Since Valentine's Day is coming up we recommend a heart molding tray . You find at Target or your local art supply store.
Love + miracles,